Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Has it really been almost a year??

I can't hardly believe it has almost been a year since I blogged.  I have to giggle, because there are some blogs that when I get my cup of tea, I sit down and immediately check to see if there are any updates....AND....if there isn't I think come on people I wanna check out whats knew!!  And then my own poor wee blog sits for almost a year....I hang my head in shame!!

I have been quite busy this past year...but I won't bore you with all the details!! I have learned a few new things, I LOVE learning new things!! I love it even more when they work!

 This is a pixalated -retro-blend cane that was invented by an amazing AND generous Polymer clay artist, Bettina Welker.  Google her....her work is absolutely stunning!  She made this cane and was so kind to share it with the rest of us common folk!!  And I LOVE it.  It is sooo much fun to make.
Here is a sheet I made out of a some blue to green.....which really doesn't look like there is any blue!  But honestly it was blue!!  It boggles my mind how the colours combine and change all through a little hole in an extruder. 
I will post more about this neat little tool, that every person working in Polymer Clay needs to own!!  I know I have only skimmed the tippy top of the iceberg when it comes to what this tool can do and am looking forward to learning how to do other things with it!!
Thank-you Bettina for sharing your knowledge with us!!

See you all next year....I mean... more often than that!!!

Happy creating,
Kam

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love the look of the pixalated cane I have yet to try it though.

Jane Perala said...

Great looking cane Kam!
How did your summer show at Nautical days go?

Kam said...

HI Jane....Nautical days was really good!! I was really tired when I was done..but in a good way! Looking forward to next years already!!