Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday night market - last one!!

I haven't been writing a whole lot on here!! The week has flown by. Tonight is my last night at market. I sure hope I do as well as last week!! I am now working hard at getting things ready for the Christmas season. I didn't do anything new for the market this week. I am trying to stock pile for November! That is when I am in Christmas shows. There will be more on that at a later time!!

Another thing I am going to try to do this fall is home shows. I am a bit of a chicken at asking people to take me things into their stores. I have read and re-read and then read again, peoples stratagies for getting into stores. But I just can't do it. I need to grow a thick skin. Hard not to take rejection personally. So for now....I just don't! I do have some things in stores, but was fortunate enough to have them contact me. In my perfect world that would be the way it happened!! One of these days I will get the guts to do it!! SO.....I thought that perhaps home shows would be the way to go. I have done one....2 years ago...I was so excited and spent a couple hours setting it up just so it would be perfect....and...waited and waited...NO ONE showed up. Of course I went home with my tail between my legs...and Doug told me it wasn't MY fault it turned out that way...because of course I personalize everything! Well....I swore I wouldn't do it again. BUT that was so 2 years ago and I am ready to try try again! Wish me luck!

Will report on last market later...hope rain holds off!

No comments: